duminică, 18 decembrie 2016

Christmas spirit

Christmas is just an excuse
For sad people to gather around
Spend money, eat and pretend
Like they are a family
Like they are happy
And like they love each other
When none of it is true.

Christmas is just an excuse
For sad people
To pretend.
For some of us
There is no energy left.

Christmas is just an excuse
For people to pretend like they are people
When what they really are
Is faceless machines:
I look at you only from eyes down
They are inexpressive anyways.
They gather only to talk
But never to listen
They gather to eat
But never to taste
And they raise only to touch
But never to feel
When they are touched back.

What present will you bring me
This Christmas?
Is it something I want
Or the chance to realize
You don't know anything about me?
Is it just a family gathering
Or the time you offer each other
Some love?
Is it a day in a year,
Permanent happiness
Or nothing at all?

What present will you bring me
This Christmas
Is it just an excuse
To sit in a chair
Surrounded by strangers
I didn't see in a year
And who, if weren't for Christmas,
Wouldn't bother to give
A cup of call?

Is it for Christmas?
Or is it just an excuse
For me to feel
Nothing at all.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu