duminică, 3 septembrie 2017

After the fall

I’m Your Burial Ground photo series, 2017
© Eloīza Rozentāle
If I try, maybe I could go back
Before everything fell apart
Before I met you
Before I met people
Before I could talk
Before I could share myself
And watch it all walk away from me.
It was better when I knew nothing of this world
It was better when I didn't try to understand
What makes a wolf kill a weaker creature
And what makes her get up and stand.
There is a law of survival in this darkness
And if you match a light
And go in good heart, you'd think they'd let you through
But it is darkness you fight against darkness
And it is death that gives place to another life
Your life, his place
And it is the knife, and not the gentle cheek
That breaks a beast's hold
You can make it through
But only if you bleed and turn your heart cold.
This is what they did
This is what you'll do.
You turn your soul to ice
And nothing,
Not even his sharp tongue,
Can break through.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu